At UAlbany, Gillibrand pushes innovation funding
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand spent Thursday morning at the UAlbany Biotech Park, where she extolled the facility and held it up as an example of what can be done elsewhere if Congress manages to pass the America Innovates Act, which among other things would set up an “American Innovation Bank” to help universities and other research institutions find the seed money for the initial stages of development of new products and processes.
The legislative bill tracker GovTrack.us gives the bill a 1 percent chance of passing the GOP-controlled House, where it was introduced by Rep. Rush Holt, D-NJ.
Gillibrand made the same pitch a month ago at SUNY Stony Brook.To continue reading: http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/archives/144611/at-ualbany-gillibrand-pushes-innovation-funding/
- May 19Kirsten Gillibrand crusades against military sexual assaults
- May 17Bringing Justice To Victims Of Sexual Assault In The Military
- May 19Gillibrand Announces Legislation To Ease Student Loan Burdens
- May 12Sunday Spotlight: Moms on Capitol Hill
- May 01Ending The Epidemic of Sexual Violence In The Military