Gillibrand calls for more access to capital for small businesses
Small businesses need more access to capital from banks in order to add jobs and expand, said Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, during a visit to Depew today.
"Really our community banks haven't recovered on the level that we need to in many parts of our state," Gillibrand said to a gathering of about a dozen chambers of commerce.
Gillibrand singled out financial heavyweight M&T Bank with praise for its pace of lending. "But on the community bank level, for very, very small businesses that wouldn't qualify for a loan from M&T Bank, that's a real challenge for them. Getting capital is very, very difficult."To continue reading: http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article1033148.ece
- May 12Sunday Spotlight: Moms on Capitol Hill
- May 01Ending The Epidemic of Sexual Violence In The Military
- Dec 17We have an obligation to act and prevent tomorrow’s senseless deaths
- Nov 07Hurricane Sandy Resources - Shelters and Warming Centers
- Nov 02What You Can Do To Help The Victims Of Hurricane Sandy