Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand speaks about business, economy in Rye Brook
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand spoke with Westchester County’s business leaders this morning about her efforts to promote high-technology industries, roll back taxes for small businesses and get health-care costs under control.
Attendees filled the fourth-floor atrium at 800 Westchester Ave. at an event hosted by the Westchester County Association, a business advocacy group based in White Plains.
Gillibrand told the association’s members and guests that one of her priorities is transforming New York into a leader in 21st-century technologies.
Gillibrand spoke of “enormous opportunities” in advanced manufacturing in Westchester County such as the opening of Acorda Therapeutics’ new headquarters in Elmsford on Thursday after locating in the county in 1998 as a small start-up.To continue reading: http://www.lohud.com/article/20120723/NEWS02/307230054?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
- May 12Sunday Spotlight: Moms on Capitol Hill
- May 01Ending The Epidemic of Sexual Violence In The Military
- Dec 17We have an obligation to act and prevent tomorrow’s senseless deaths
- Nov 07Hurricane Sandy Resources - Shelters and Warming Centers
- Nov 02What You Can Do To Help The Victims Of Hurricane Sandy